May you be surrounded by friends, family and loved ones this Thanksgiving.
Delicious wishes from EyeCandyTO
All you need for ingredients are apples, choose different kinds for different acidity and sweetness levels, non-stick cooking spray, cinnamon and, if you want them to be a little sweeter, some sugar (either brown or white).
In terms of equipment, a mandolin would be very helpful, baking sheet(s) and either baking rack(s) or parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 225F.
- Slice the apples thin and as evenly as possible for them to crisp up evenly. This is where having a mandolin really helps, just be careful with your fingers 😉 | You can either slice horizontally, for rounder slices, or vertically, for more apple-shape slices (our favourite here at EyeCandyTO).
- Fit the baking sheet(s) with the baking rack(s) or the parchment paper and spray lightly with the non-stick cooking spray. Arrange the sliced apples.
- Give the apples a quick spray of the non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with the cinnamon or a combination of cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes and them to get both sided evenly. Bake for another 15-30 minutes. Ovens vary in heat so we recommend taking them out when apples are dried and edges are curled up.
- Now you are ready to garnish soups, cheese platters, salads; snack or decorate your holiday table.
From our EyeCandyTO kitchen to yours!!