First of all EyeCandyTO wishes all dads out there a happy Father’s Day, enjoy your day and your weekend.
Summer is here and what a better way to celebrate with dad then with a great grilling day. Read below as we have some great Father’s Day grilling tips for the weekend.
Father’s Day Grilling Tips:
- The Heat is On!
- Preheat the grill 15-25 minutes before you start cooking.
- Temperatures: 400-450ºF for high, 350-400ºF for medium-high, 300-350ºF for medium and 250-300ºF for low heat.
- Most of the times is good to set different temperatures for different parts of the grill so you can move things around.
- A properly heated grill will sear food on contact.
- Brush When Hot!
- It is easier to remove debris when the grill is hot, so do it after preheating, not before.
- Use a long wire brush to clean the grill.
- Scrape again immediately after you use it.
- Oil it!
- Oil the hot grill racks when hot and before placing any food on them.
- Use an oil-soaked paper towel to prevent food from sticking.
- Hold the damp paper towel with tongs and rub all over the racks. Watch out because it will be hot!
- Marinate for More Flavour!
- Make your own marinades by mixing an oil, an acid and flavourings and seasonings.
- Marinate on the same day for leaner proteins and the night before for tougher ones.
- Get rid of any excess oil before placing the meat on to the grill.
- Is it Ready?
- The best way to know is by using a meat thermometer.
- When ready, remove the meat from the heat and let it rest for about 10 minutes so the juices can settle.
- You might want to remove it from the grill a few degrees below where you want it to be as the protein will continue cooking while it rests (carry-over cooking).
Now get out there, turn those grills on and start grilling with dad!!!